CCTV cameras are perhaps the most important element of a hotel’s security strategy. Placing CCTV throughout the premises will help to keep staff and guests safe through monitoring and deterrence.
In this article, we take a look at how CCTV can benefit hotels, including the best places to use it.
Why do hotels need CCTV?
CCTV systems are a necessity in hotels these days. They play a central role in three key areas:
- The security and safety of staff and guests
- The general day-to-day running of the hotel
- The legal protection of the hotel
What benefits does CCTV add to a hotel?
Installing CCTV in your hotel will open up a world of benefits:
- It will deter criminals from engaging in any illegal activity on your premises
- It will catch those who try to stay at the hotel without permission
- It will allow you to monitor unmanned areas of the hotel
- It will help guests feel safe and secure
- It will keep your business ahead of your competitors
- It will allow you to record footage should you need evidence in a lawsuit or investigation
These are just some of the ways CCTV can transform your hotel.
Which areas should be protected by CCTV?
We recommend carrying out an assessment of your premises to identify the most suitable areas to place your CCTV. However, there are generally a few common areas where CCTV tends to be located:
- Entrances — use internally and externally to monitor who enters and exits the premises
- Car parks — reassure guests that their vehicles are safe and deter others from carrying out criminal activity
- Guest reception — monitor the area for intruders or wrongdoing
- Spa/gym/pool — monitor for health and safety purposes, keeping a close eye on area that are unsupervised by lifeguards
- Storerooms — monitor to prevent theft
- Corridors — monitors people entering and leaving rooms for security purposes
What CCTV system should I install?
There are so many different types of security cameras and components on the market — so which is best for your business?
The truth is that there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Each hotel would benefit from a security system tailored to their needs. That’s where A.T. Alarms step in.
A.T Alarms provides comprehensive security solutions tailored to your needs. Our experts will visit and assess your premises to identify the optimal security solution for your hotel. We supply the most technologically advanced CCTV systems that offer high-resolution, full-colour video, along with 24-hour remote monitoring.
Following a site survey and discussion with you, we’ll identify the perfect CCTV for your hotel. But we’re more than just suppliers — we’ll install the equipment, show you how to use it and continue to support your business with periodic servicing and maintenance.
Contact our team today to find out how we can help you.